How do you lock reference planes in Revit?
On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines). On the Options bar, specify an offset, if desired. Select the Lock option to lock the reference plane to the line. Move the cursor near the line to which you want to place the reference plane and click.
How do you show reference planes in Revit?
On the Manage ribbon, in the Settings panel, click Object Styles. Switch to the Annotation Objects tab. Here, you can control the Line Weight, Line Color, and Line Pattern for Reference Lines and Reference Planes.
How do you add a reference line in Revit?
In the Family Editor, click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Line). Using the drawing tools, sketch the line. The line displays as a solitary solid line until selected or when highlighted during preselection. When selected or highlighted, the associated planes display according to the active view.
How do you lock a circle to reference plane in Revit?
Go to the Modify tab and select the Align command from the Modify panel. You can now select the vertical reference plane, then the little cross at the circle centerpoint to lock the circle to that plane. Repeat the Align command to lock the circle to the horizontal reference plane.
What is a reference plane Revit?
Reference planes are an integral part of family creation. Reference planes display in each plan view that you create for a model. Topics in this section. Add a Reference Plane. Use the Line tool or the Pick Line tool to draw a reference plane.
How do you create a work plane in Revit family?
Set the Work Plane of a View
- On the ribbon, click (Set). Architecture tab Work Plane panel (Set) …
- In the Work Plane dialog, under Specify a new Work Plane, select one of the following options: …
- If the selected plane is perpendicular to the current view, the Go to View dialog opens.
How do I create a reference level in Revit family?
- Open the section or elevation view to add levels to.
- On the ribbon, click (Level). Architecture tab Datum panel (Level) …
- Place the cursor in the drawing area and click. …
- Draw level lines by moving the cursor horizontally. …
- Click when the level line is the correct length.
What is the difference between reference plane and reference line in Revit?
What is the difference between reference planes and reference lines? A Reference Plane is an infinite plane that servers as a guide for drawing lines and geometry. A Reference Line creates a line similar to a reference plane, but that has logical start and end points.
How do you create a reference plane in Revit 2020?
Add a Reference Plane
- On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).
- On the Options bar, specify an offset, if desired.
- Select the Lock option to lock the reference plane to the line.
- Move the cursor near the line to which you want to place the reference plane and click.
What is reference line?
A reference line, also referred to as a base line, is a user-defined vertical or horizontal line in the graph. Use reference lines to compare, reference, or measure against the data values displayed in the graph. … Reference lines are available if the X or Y axis contains a metric.
Where is the reference line in Revit?
Use the Line tool or the Pick Line tool to draw a reference plane.
- On the ribbon, click (Reference Plane). Architecture tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) Structure tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) …
- To draw a line: On the Draw panel, click (Line). …
- To pick an existing line: On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).
How do you move a reference plane in Revit?
Use this tool to select a new work plane that is parallel to the existing work plane.
- Select a work plane-based element in a view.
- Click Modify |
tab Work Plane panel (Edit Work Plane). …
- In the Work Plane dialog, select another work plane. …
- If needed, reposition the element on the work plane.
How do you create a round extrusion in Revit?
Create an Extrusion
- In the Family Editor, on the Create tab Forms panel, do one of the following: …
- Use the sketching tools to sketch the extrusion profile: …
- On the Properties palette, specify the extrusion properties: …
- Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). …
- To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.