How do you copy and edit a family in Revit?
Modify Families in a Project (or Nested Family)
- Double-click an instance of the family in the drawing area.
- Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify
tab Mode panel (Edit Family).
- In the drawing area or the Project Browser (under Families), right-click the family, and click Edit.
How do you duplicate in Revit?
To copy the model geometry from an existing view into a new view, right-click the existing view in the Project Browser, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. If you right-click, and click Duplicate View Duplicate with Detailing, both the model geometry and the detail geometry are copied into the new view.
How do you manage families in Revit?
right-click a family, and click Edit. The family opens in the Family Editor. right-click a family or type, and click Delete from Project. In addition to deleting the family or type from the project, this function deletes instances of matching types that exist in the model.
How do I add a family to an existing family in Revit?
Create a New Family Type in a Project
- In the drawing area, select an element belonging to the desired type.
- On the Properties palette, click (Edit Type).
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
- In the Name dialog, enter a name for the new type and click OK.
- Specify properties for the type, as desired.
Can you edit a family in place Revit?
Select the in-place element in the drawing. Click Modify |
Where are system families located in Revit?
System families are predefined in and saved in templates and projects, not loaded into templates and projects from external files. Because system families are predefined in Revit, you can only load system family types in projects or templates. Revit includes many system families and project and system settings.
What is duplicate as dependent Revit?
Duplicate as a Dependent creates a copy of the view and links it to the original (parent) view, as shown in the Project Browser below. View-specific changes made to the overall view, such as changing the Scale, are also reflected in the dependent (child) views and vice-versa.
How do you duplicate a 3d view in Revit?
To duplicate a view, right-click the view title in the Project Browser. The 3 duplicate options are listed. When you select the “duplicate” option, an exact duplicate of the view is created, without the annotation and detailing items. With duplicate, only the model geometry of the view is included.
What are Revit family types?
There are three classes of families within Revit: system families, loadable families, and in-place families.
How do I open a family in Project Browser Revit?
Use Families in the Project
- On the appropriate tab of the ribbon, click the element to create. In the Type Selector, select the desired family type.
- Select the family type in the Project Browser, and drag it to the drawing area.
- Select the family type in the Project Browser, right-click, and click Create Instance.
How do you create a family in the family Editor?
You can access the Family Editor by:
- Opening or creating a new family (. rfa) file.
- Selecting an element created by a loadable or an in-place family type, and then right-clicking and clicking Edit Family. (You can also double-click a family element to open it for editing.)
What are the common type of parameter in Revit?
Within Revit, there are three types of parameters: project, global and shared.