How do you draw a perpendicular to a line from a given point?
To drop a perpendicular from a point to a line
- open the compass a distance larger than the perpendicular distance from the point to the line, and scribe an arc intersecting the line at two points.
- Call the two points B and C. …
- Call the point where the two arcs meet D. …
- AD is the line through A perpendicular to BC.
How do you draw a line between two lines in Civil 3D?
To Create a Centerline Between Two Lines (AutoCAD Mechanical)
- Click Home tab Draw panel Centerline drop-down Centerline In-between. Find.
- Select first contour line (1).
- Select second contour line (2).
- Press ENTER.
Is part of a line with two endpoints?
A line segment is part of a line that has two endpoints and is finite in length. A ray is a line segment that extends indefinitely in one direction.
Which mode allows users to draw perpendicular lines?
90° straight lines can be drawn by switching the Ortho Mode to ON. or by pressing Function key (F8). Ortho mode is used.
What is the equation of a line perpendicular to another?
Perpendicular lines have opposite-reciprocal slopes, so the slope of the line we want to find is 1/2. Plugging in the point given into the equation y = 1/2x + b and solving for b, we get b = 6. Thus, the equation of the line is y = ½x + 6. Rearranged, it is –x/2 + y = 6.