Frequent question: How do I Unfix part in Solidworks assembly?

Can you replace a part in an assembly solidworks?

You can replace components in an assembly. You can replace a part with a subassembly or vice versa.

How do I create a part inside an assembly in Solidworks?

To create a part within an assembly:

  1. Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
  2. Type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
  3. Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ). …
  4. Construct the part features, using the same techniques you use to build a part on its own.

How do I find a design tree in Solidworks?

To search the FeatureManager design tree:

  1. Right-click anywhere in the FeatureManager design tree (except Materials. ), and select Go To.
  2. In the dialog box, enter a text string for Find what.
  3. Click Find Next as many times as needed. The tree is searched from top to bottom. To reverse direction, clear Start from the top.

How do I change part in assembly?

To edit a part while in an assembly:

  1. Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
  2. Make the necessary changes to the part.
THIS IS SIGNIFICANT:  How do you save engineering data in Ansys?

How do I update Solidworks assembly?

To update an assembly:

  1. In SOLIDWORKS, open an assembly previously built by CircuitWorks.
  2. In CircuitWorks, make the component changes or open a new ECAD file containing the changes.
  3. Click Build Model (Tools toolbar).
  4. In the dialog box, click Yes to update the open assembly. …
  5. To update the SOLIDWORKS assembly, do one:

How do I replace a model in Solidworks assembly?

To replace one or more components:

  1. Do one of the following: Click Replace Components (Assembly toolbar). Click File > Replace. …
  2. Set options as described below, then click . The selected component instances are replaced. If you chose Manually select, choose the configuration to open in the Configurations dialog box.

How do I set boundaries in Solidworks assembly?

In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates:

  1. Click Distance or Angle .
  2. Set Distance or Angle to define the starting distance or angle.
  3. Select Flip Dimension to move the entities to opposite sides of the dimension.
  4. Set Maximum Value and Minimum Value to define the maximum and minimum extents of the limit mate.

How do you limit a distance mate?

Limit mates allow components to move within a range of values for distance and angle mates. You specify a starting distance or angle, and a maximum and minimum value. To add a limit mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.

What is a distance mate in Solidworks?

You can add distance mates between the combinations shown below. Enter a distance value in the Distance box in the Mate PropertyManager. The default value is the current distance between the selected entities. You can apply different distance mate dimensions to different configurations.

THIS IS SIGNIFICANT:  How do you unlink layers in AutoCAD?

Can you extrude in assembly solidworks?

You can create extruded and revolved cut features in assemblies. To create an assembly feature cut: … Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve. Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.

How do you explode an assembly in Solidworks?

Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)

  1. Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
  2. Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
  3. Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
  4. Modify explode options: …
  5. Click Done. …
  6. Create more explode steps as required, and click .

How do you make a derived part in Solidworks?

To create a derived part from an assembly component:

  1. In an assembly document, select a component.
  2. Click File > Derive Component Part. …
  3. Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the seed component to be included in the derived part.