How do you create a data reference in Civil 3d?
The shortcut created above can be Data Referenced in a new drawing.
Use the Data Shortcut as Data Reference in a new Drawing
- Select the “Test” surface.
- Right click.
- Select Create Reference.
- If desired, edit the style, layer, name, description, or render material.
- Press OK.
How do you reference data in a profile?
To create a reference to a data shortcut profile
Expand the parent alignment of the profile you want to reference. Right-click the desired profile, and then click Create Reference.
How do I create a profile in Civil 3d?
To Create Quick Profiles
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Profile drop-down Quick Profile Find. …
- In the drawing, select a line, polyline, lot line, feature line, or survey figure.
- In the Create Quick Profiles dialog box, select the surfaces you want to sample, and the profile and profile view styles.
How do you reference data shortcuts in Civil 3d?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, right-click Data Shortcuts Create Data Shortcuts. In the Create Data Shortcuts dialog box, select any objects to be referenced in other drawings, and then click OK. Now you can create references to the data shortcuts in other drawings.
How do I make an alignment a data shortcut?
In the Data Shortcuts >> Alignments collection, right-click First Street. Click Create Reference. In the Create Alignment Reference dialog box, click OK. The alignment is displayed in the drawing.
How do you synchronize in Civil 3D?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, under the Open Drawings collection, right-click the drawing you want to synchronize. Click Sync To Project. In the Sync To Project dialog box, select the out-of-date project objects you want synchronized. Click OK.
Can you data shortcut a profile view?
You can’t d-ref a profile view, per se. You d-ref the alignment, and the profile. Then in the other drawing you can recreate the profile view using the same alignment and profile.
How do I create a profile without surface Civil 3D?
Civil 3D normally requires a surface model to be created before a profile can be created. Because the points are a single path, a surface cannot be created from them. Solution: Use Transparent commands to create a 3D Polyline from the points. Use the Quick Profile command to create a profile from the 3D Polyline.
How do I change my profile view in Civil 3D?
In Toolspace, on the Settings tab, do one of the following:
- Right-click the Profile or Profile View collection and click Edit Feature Settings.
- In the Profile or Profile View collection, open the Commands folder, right-click the command for which you want to change settings. Click Edit Command Settings.
What is promote in Civil 3D?
Promote references to independent objects. A promoted reference becomes an independent object, and is no longer automatically updated if the original source is edited.
How do I change the working directory in Civil 3D?
Changing the Working Folder
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, right-click the Projects collection.
- Click Properties.
- In the Properties – AutoCAD Civil 3D Projects dialog box, under Working Folder, click .
- In the Browse For Folder dialog box, browse to the folder and click OK.
How do I create a shortcut to a folder?
To set the data shortcuts folder
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, right-click Data Shortcuts and click Set Data Shortcuts Folder.
- In the Set Data Shortcuts dialog box, click the name of the project you want to work with.
- Check that the new project path is displayed on the Data Shortcuts node on the Prospector tab.