How do I import a DXF file into Revit?
To Import DXF, OBJ, STL, Revit, DWF, and IDF Files
- To import to a new file select: File Open Import CAD Formats. Get Started tab Launch panel Import CAD Formats.
- To import into a part file select: Manage tab Insert panel Import. …
- To import into an assembly, select Assemble tab Component panel Place Imported CAD.
What can I open a DXF file with?
DXF files can be opened via AutoCAD. AutoCAD is a file format which is made by AutoDesk. Autodesk became best known for AutoCAD, but now develops a broad range of software for design, engineering, and entertainment—and a line of software for consumers, including Sketchbook.
How do you edit a DXF in Revit?
Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup
- Click File tab Export Options (Export Setups DWG/DXF).
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG) or (DXF). In the DWG (or DXF) Export dialog, next to Select Export Setup, click (Modify Export Setup).
Can you import CAD file into Revit?
You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
Can you open .OBJ in Revit?
You can import OBJ in FormIt, save as FormIt file, then Import in Revit.
How do I convert Rhino to Revit?
Importing a Rhino model into Revit
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). …
- In the Import CAD Formats dialog, navigate to the folder that contains the file to import.
- For Files of type, select the appropriate file type (such as DWG, SAT, or SKP).
- Select the file to import.
- Specify the desired import settings.
How do I open a DXF file without AutoCAD?
Solution: Autodesk provides a freeware viewer program called DWG TrueView. In addition to opening DWG files, the software can also be used for plotting, creating PDFs, and converting from one DWG format to another. DWG TrueView can also be used to open, view, and plot DXF files.
How do I convert a DXF file?
To Export a Drawing to a DXF File
- Click Application menu Save As Other Formats. Find.
- Click File menu Save As.
- In the Save Drawing As dialog box, in the Files of type box, select a DXF format.
- Select a folder and enter a file name.
- Click Save.
What files can be imported into Revit?
Revit supports a wide range of industry standards and file formats, including:
- Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT.
- CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
- Image formats: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, and TIF.
- Other formats: ODBC, HTML, TXT, and gbXML.
Can you import 3D CAD into Revit?
You can easily convert 3D cad solids to Revit Families using CAD to RFA tool from PowerPack for Revit® available in Autodesk Exchange App Store. … After the command is finished, the linked CAD file is converted into a Generic Model Family.
Link a CAD File
- Open the Revit model.
- If you want the linked file to display only in a particular view, open that view.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to link, and select the file.