How do I import a Solidworks file into Inventor?
Inventor – STEP Postprocessor
- To import a STEP File please choose File -> Open… and select STEP file.
- It is recommended to import the STEP files first without any automatic healing (in options selectable).
- The import log file “filename. xli” gives further information.
What software can open Solidworks files?
5 Best Free SolidWorks Viewers
- SolidWorks Viewers 101.
- Free IGS Viewer.
- HiCAD Viewer.
- Navisworks Freedom.
What files can Autodesk Inventor Open?
Autodesk Inventor supports IDW and DWG file types for drawings.
How do I convert an Inventor file to Solidworks?
If you have Solidworks and Inventor installed on the same computer then you can do the following:
- Open Solidworks.
- Import a Inventor part / assembly file.
- Solidworks will open Inventor in the background and convert the part / assembly file.
How do I import a Solidworks file into AutoCAD?
- On the command line in AutoCAD, type IMPORT.
- In the Import File dialog window, click the Files of type drop-down menu and select Solidworks (*. …
- Find and select the Solidworks file and click Open. …
- If the item does not appear in the drawing then right-click and select Insert on the import tray icon.
Can you open a SolidWorks file without SolidWorks?
SolidWorks offers a free and easy solution for you called eDrawings Viewer. The eDrawings Viewer allows you to open eDrawings files, get dimensions, and collaborate with others by using the mark-up capability.
Can you view a SolidWorks file without SolidWorks?
eDrawings is free software that lets you view and print eDrawings(eDRW, ePRT, eASM), native SolidWorks documents (sldprt, sldasm, slddrw) , DXF, and DWG format files.
Is there a free SolidWorks?
Currently, there are two options available to try SOLIDWORKS for free. The first option is through MySolidWorks which offers an online product trial of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Premium, all from within your browser. … These SOLIDWORKS trials can be created for 7, 15, or 30 days.
Can Inventor Open STEP files?
In previous versions of Inventor, STEP files were imported as one core Solid by default. In the current versions of Inventor, STEP files that have multiple Bodies are imported as an Assembly file.
Can you open Creo files in Inventor?
Import Pro/ENGINEER and Creo Parametric files
Open and change models created in Pro/ENGINEER and Creo Parametric. Autodesk Inventor translates assembly and part files, solids, multi-solids, surfaces, and more.
Can Inventor open Catia files?
You are unable to import CATIA drawings directly into Inventor. Only the model files from CATIA can be imported into Inventor.. So you will need to convert the CATIA drawing into DXF or DWG file format.