How do you export a 3D object in Revit?
To export 3D model data for use in Autodesk Revit
- Click Manage Model. …
- In the Model Explorer panel, make the desired layers visible. …
- Zoom out to see the area to export.
- Click Present/Share Present. …
- In the Export to 3D Model File dialog box, specify the area to export:
How do I export OBJ files?
Exporting an OBJ file
- Select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your OBJ file.
- In the Export TypeSave as type drop-down list, select OBJ File (*. …
- (Optional) Rename your file in the File Name text box.
- (Optional) Click the Options button.
Can you export OBJ from CAD?
Type the AMEXPORTMESH command in the AutoCAD command line window. Select your input polyface mesh or solid from AutoCAD drawing model space. In the save dialog box, configure export file filter. … To export OBJ select Alias Wavefront Object file filter.
How do you open a 3D object in Revit?
Open a Model and Display a 3D View in Revit
- Click Open.
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the Audubon_MEP_Central-mod. rvt project and click Open.
- In the Project Browser, select Views Coordination HVAC 3D Views and double-click MEP. Alternatively, click View Create 3D Views.
How do I export a 3D DXF from Revit?
Export one or more views and sheets to DWG or DXF format.
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG) or (DXF).
- In the DWG (or DXF) Export dialog, for Select Export Setup, select the desired setup. …
- Select the views and sheets to export. …
- If you are ready to export, click Next.
How do I convert OBJ to FBX?
You will see multiple saving options. Simply click on the 3D model button which will open up the Save As prompt. After that, set the Save as type to 3D- FBX format, enter the output filename, and then click on the Save button. It will then quickly convert the imported OBJ model to FBX format.
Is FBX or OBJ better?
OBJ is much simpler format that only keeps geometry (vertex, normals, etc) and uv data. FBX is much more advanced format that can hold much more data – models, uv data, joints, skinning information, animations, multiple takes of animation in one file, curves, and even embed texture files.
How do I convert FBX to OBJ?
FBX files are easy to convert to OBJ.
Option 2: Blender
- Navigate to the panel on the top right of the screen and choose “File”.
- Click the “Import” button, then press “FBX” to select the file you’d like to upload. …
- Once the model has appeared, select “Export” from the File menu.
How do I convert DWG to OBJ?
How to convert DWG files to OBJ or FBX without AutoCAD?
- Step 1: Convert the DWG file to DXF. The first step is to get your DWG file converted to DXF using the ODA File Converter. …
- Step 2: Convert the DXF to FBX. …
- Step 3: Convert the FBX to OBJ. …
- Step 4: Import the files to Blender 2.8.
Can AutoCAD export FBX?
To convert a DWG file to FBX format, append the drawing in Navisworks and then export from Navisworks to FBX, or use AutoCAD 2018. Note: If the drawing is from an AutoCAD vertical, such as AutoCAD Plant 3D, Navisworks will require object enablers to be installed (see AutoCAD Downloads).