Is sandbox available in SketchUp free?
Yes, the Desktop versions of SketchUp have the Sandbox Tools which is designed for this sort of thing. The web-based versions don’t have that option because it is an extension. You’ll need to do a lot more manual modeling in SketchUp Free. Thanks, DaveR.
What is a sandbox in SketchUp?
With specialized Sandbox tools, you can create berms, ponds, terraced landscapes, and so on. The Smoove tool enables you to model hills and valleys on a TIN (triangulated irregular network).
How do I smooth edges in SketchUp for free?
How to Smooth Unsightly Edges in SketchUp
- Use the Eraser. To smooth edges with the Eraser tool, hold down the Ctrl key (Option on the Mac) while you click or drag over the edges you want to smooth.
- Use the Soften Edges panel.
How do you make a sandbox from scratch?
If you prefer to to start modeling terrain from a flat, rectangular TIN, you draw the shape with the Sandbox From Scratch tool:
- Select the Sandbox From Scratch tool ( ) on the Sandbox toolbar, or select Draw > Sandbox > From Scratch from the menu bar.
- Click to set the TIN’s starting point.
How do you use a sandbox?
Enabling Windows Sandbox
- Open Start.
- Search for Turn Windows features on or off, and click the top result to open the Windows Features experience.
- Check the Windows Sandbox option.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Restart now button.
How do I add to toolbar?
To add any (or all) of these toolbars to your taskbar, right-click an empty location on the taskbar and then choose Toolbars from the pop-up menu that appears, followed by the name of the toolbar to add.
How do I get a sandbox toolbar?
Enabling the Sandbox tools
- Select Window > Preferences > Extensions from the menu bar. The System Preferences dialog box opens, and the Extensions option is selected in the sidebar on the left.
- In the pane on the right, select the Sandbox Tools checkbox.
- Click OK. You now have access to the Sandbox tools.
What does Smoove do in SketchUp?
The Smoove tool enables you to model hills and valleys on a TIN (triangulated irregular network). With the Add Detail tool, you can split a selection within a TIN into smaller triangles so that you can model detail where its needed.
Where is Smoove tool SketchUp?
Smoove tool – Sketchup Pro Tutorial
Smoove is found in the Sandbox toolbar. You can find your toolbars under the View menu. And on a Windows computer, Toolbars. On a Mac, it’s called Tool Palettes.
How do you make a hill on SketchUp for school?
How to Make Freeform Hills and Valleys with SketchUp’s Smoove
- Double-click the group containing your terrain to edit it.
- Choose Tools→Sandbox→Smoove from the menu bar to activate the Smoove tool.
- Type a radius and press Enter. …
- Click somewhere on your terrain surface to start smooving.